Read the article: An American Mastodon in Paris (The Atlantic)
Answer the following questions on the Atlantic article:
- Why do the French like Jerry Lewis, Burger King and "anything très Brooklyn" do you think?
- Why do the French like less Uber, Netflix and Skippy peanut butter do you think?
- Was Le Parisien pleased Costco opened its first warehouse in France recently?
- Do you think Doug Stephens is right?
- How different from a North American Costco is the one in Paris?
- What kind of people shop at the Paris Costco?
- In what ways is French life "segregated"?
- Why is the Paris Costco so popular do you think?
- Would you shop at the French Costco (why/not)?
- Will Costco open more warehouse stores in France do you think (why/not)?
List the reasons for and against the following proposal:
The French state should limit the number of foreign retail stores and restaurants in France.