- Bipolar world
- Deterrence theory
- Economic liberalism
- Foreign policy: how a country decides to relate to other countries.
- Free World
- Geopolitics: the study of power relations between groups of people (in its spatial dimension).
- Hard power
- Hegemony: domination by one country over other countries.
- Hyper-power: a single superpower (i.e. the USA since 1991).
- Imperialism: an aggressive foreign policy (when a country wants to control one or more foreign countries).
- International relations
- Multipolar world: several centers of power in the world.
- Non-interventionism: when a country decides NOT to intervene in the affairs of another country.
- Pariah/rogue states: term used by Bush Jr to describe states that were against the USA (that promote terrorism).
- Planned economy
- Soft power
- Soviet democracy
- Unilateralism (multilateralism)
- Unipolar world: one dominant power.
- UN mandate
Tuesday, 24 December 2013
The USA and the world since 1918: KEY CONCEPTS
Posted by PN at 10:25